[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  FAQ # 16.11...blocking website won't work ?
 Date:  Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:12:04 -0400
Hello:

I was trying to block access to a certain website.  I am using "reject" like
the FAQ says.

I pinged the website name, so it would come back with the IP address of the
website.  So I used that IP address to reject.

But I also need to put in the CIDR number.  The CIDR number (or the subnet
mask) information isn't given along with the IP address.  So I just guessed
and put in 24 for the CIDR number.  It still won't block.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bob