[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Hoy Poy <chrishp at dugeo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] firewall blocking vpn subnets
 Date:  Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:23:20 +0800
I'll rip off one of Chris Buechler's responses to this (I'm sure he responds
to one of these at least once a month!)

---------------------
excerpt from a previous response to a similiar query by Chris Buechler
---------------------
Is it causing a problem, or does everything work properly and it's

any stateful firewall.
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-legit-traffic-dropped.html

but if it's actually causing connectivity problems, then there's
something else going on.

-Chris (Buechler)

On Thursday 03 August 2006 02:57, mwagley at cox dot net wrote:
> I have vpn setup like this.
>
> 172.16.1.0  -- M0n0wall <-------> 3com VPN -- 172.16.2.0
>
> It works and I can access things ok, but once in awhile something wierd
> happens and I see in the firewall log a block happened.  The firewall is
> blocking access to the 2.0 side for some reason.  Example:
>
> X  13:48:24.392140 LAN 172.16.1.18, port 1253 172.16.2.239, port 9600 TCP
>
> I even created rules on the LAN side in the Firewall with 172.16.1.0 to
> 172.16.2.0 to allow all type tcp,udp, etc and all ports.   It still pops
> this up.  And the block still occurs.
>
> Am I missing something?  Why would m0n0wall block traffic going across the
> vpn?
>
> Thanks
> Matthew

Chris Hoy Poy