[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "a.gatta" <a dot gatta at tiscali dot it>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem booting generic-pc-1.21-ovpn1
 Date:  Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:53:03 +0200
Dear list,
I am having trouble in booting m0n0wall with a custom
generic-pc-1.21-ovpn1 image that contains ssh access.

I was able to solve other problems but now I am stuck with this:

ad0: 12949MB <IBM-DPTA-371360> [26310/16/63] at ata0-master PIO4
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c

* FATAL
ERROR                                                                 *
* The device that contains the configuration file (config.xml) could not
be   *
* found. m0n0wall cannot continue
booting.                                    *

I found the relative code in m0n0 /etc/inc/config.inc:

/* probe kernel known disks until we find one with config.xml */
                        $disks = explode(" ",
trim(preg_replace("/kern.disks: /", "", exec("/sbin/sysctl kern.disks"))));
                        foreach ($disks as $mountdisk) {
                                /* skip mfs mounted filesystems */
                                if (strstr($mountdisk, "md"))
                                        continue;
                                if (mwexec("/sbin/mount -r
/dev/{$mountdisk}a {$g['cf_path']}") == 0) {
                                        if
(file_exists("{$g['cf_conf_path']}/config.xml")) {
                                                /* found it */
                                                $cfgdevice = $mountdisk;
                                                $cfgpartition =
$cfgdevice . "a";
                                                $cfgfstype = "ufs";
                                                echo "Found
configuration on $cfgdevice.\n";
                                        }

                                        mwexec("/sbin/umount -f
{$g['cf_path']}");

                                        if ($cfgdevice)
                                                break;
                                }
                        }
                }

                if (!$cfgdevice) {
                        /* no device found, print an error and die */
                        echo <<<EOD

* FATAL
ERROR                                                                 *
* The device that contains the configuration file (config.xml) could not
be   *
* found. m0n0wall cannot continue
booting.                                    *

I am analyzing the issue.

Any idea ?

Regards