[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 Subject:  Gateway out of WAN net
 Date:  Sat, 5 Aug 2006 21:51:52 -0500
Verizon Business FiOS, in their infinite wisdom, has assigned me

(Actually, they just told me that I've got

They have told me that my gateway is

They only way I've been able to get things to work is by lying about
my WAN configuration, and assigning to it.

This works fine.  But of course it will fail if I ever try to contact
anything in the /25 range that isn't in my true /29 range.  That is
unlikely, but still in principle this bothers me.  I am going to
attempt to reach Verizon customer support for other reasons, but can
someone point me to the relevant RFC I can cite when I tell them that
their arrangement is broken?

If people have useful experience dealing with ISPs about this kind of
problem, I'd be happy to listen to any advice.