[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Matthew Wagley" <mwagley at cox dot net>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] firewall blocking vpn subnets
 Date:  Sat, 5 Aug 2006 16:06:28 -0500
Thank you for the replies now that they are coming through, but, I figured
it out the next day after I emailed the list.  The problem was with the tcp
idle timeout on the system advance settings page.  I had this set to 30
minutes , then changed it to 3 hours.

What was happening is, someone would bring up a client program to access a
server on the other side of the vpn and then they would not use the client
application for a while.  When they needed it they alt tabed to it and boom
it said they were not connected to the server no more.

I apologize for asking the list before researching like the archives etc,
but at the time the website was down and I couldn't get into anything.  I
figured maybe the list was still working and tried it.

Thanks
Matthew