[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Mark Gilbert" <mgilbert at marinhd dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS Issues on Opt 1 network
 Date:  Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:55:40 -0700
My lan network is with lan gateway of
The 2000 server is and is providing DNS resolution.
I have setup my OPT1 with a network of and the OPT1 gateway is
The 2000 server for that network is providing DNS resolution.
I have setup a rule in the OPT1 interface allowing traffic from the OPT1 interface to go out without
restrictions similar to the LAN rule.
Everything is great but non of the systems trying to go out to the internet from the OPT1 network
cannot resolve internet addresses.  I am able to RDP into systems meaning I am able to remote
control systems on the internet.  But no DNS resolution.  The firewall log says there is
communication on UDP 53.
If I change the DNS of the local PC from pointing to the server to for example
then I am able to get out onto the internet.
Very fustrating.