[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: VoIP voice quality surprise
 Date:  Sat, 5 Aug 2006 17:35:05 -0400
Hello all:

I may have figured out why I can't do BW limiting of my incoming VoIP data.
Please tell me if this seems reasonable.

I happened to glance over at my switch, and noticed that only one LED was
lit up for my phone adapter, but three LEDs were lit up for my two
computers. So looked closer at the LED designations.

The LEDs indicated that my two computers are on full duplex, however my
phone adapter is the only one operating at half-duplex.

Monowall must be expecting computer systems to be operating at full duplex
in order for Monowall to have outgoing and incoming BW control.

Do you think that's the reason I can't throttle down my incoming BW to my
phone adapter? I sure hope it is, cause then I'll be able to sleep at
night...lol.