[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Hoy Poy <chrishp at dugeo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, ftarz at mindspring dot com
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Pointers on switch from ipcop to m0n0wall?
 Date:  Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:24:54 +0800
actually did this exact move about 3 months ago - but only cos I inherited the
ipcop systems and didnt want to add yet another standalone *nix
firewall/router OS to my repertoire.

No major issues. ipcop I assume has better support for establishing a
base-line of rules (ie lan->DMZ and DMZ->WAN rules are probably automatically
established moreso then they are in monowall, but this makes sense as the
monowall "opt" interface is more generic then IPCop) - but even so, I found
the firewall rules GUI and NAT GUI in monowall a lot easier to use then
ipcop. But I didnt really make an effort to learn ipcop either.

I actually set up the config on another machine, then just stuck the CD in the
ipcop drive and rebooted it with the floppy. something like 1 minute downtime
in the end.

--
Chris Hoy Poy
System Administrator