[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  cdl at asgaard dot org
 To:  "Charlie Barker" <CharlieBarker at RedlineSoftware dot co dot uk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] No Load Balancing :(
 Date:  Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:01:49 +0000
Sorry I did not see the earlier posts, but you could use static routes to places such as you VoIP
provider, etc. Point out interface A, interface B have a more prefered default, and interface A the
default of last resort.  It will only work for failover if you can detect a link failure.  It will
only work for return traffic if you are NATed.  There is much more flexibility if you can use BGP,
but very few carriers offer BGP on DSL links.

Chris
  Sent via Blackberry