[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Initial install on Compaq Deskpro 4000 failing
 Date:  Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:59:12 -0400
On 8/8/06, colin at ccsisupport dot com <colin at ccsisupport dot com> wrote:

> 1) The machine hangs as soon as the OS is unloaded, and never reboots.
> This seems to be a pretty common problem with the Deskpros, and is easily
> worked around by power-cycling the machine.

Check for any BIOS upgrades, and make sure plug and play OS or similar
settings in the BIOS are set to disable.  Also disable anything in the
BIOS that you aren't using (parallel ports, serial ports, etc.).

> 2) On boot, the NICs do not come up on the network. In order to get the
> LAN NIC working, I have to reassign the NIC to the LAN. After that it's
> fine until the next reboot.

This is a floppy disk or drive problem.  The floppy needs to be FAT
formatted, and inserted in the drive (obviously).

#3 is probably related to this, but regardless you need to fix this
before progressing.

-Chris