[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Initial install on Compaq Deskpro 4000 failing
 Date:  Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:05:28 -0400
On 8/8/06, colin at ccsisupport dot com <colin at ccsisupport dot com> wrote:

> Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that this isn't a floppy or drive problem.
> :-) The data gets written to floppy - I can read through the XML without
> a problem. It also loads it on boot, but doesn't actually make the network
> cards 'live' until I reassign the card to the interface.

Ah, ok, I recall a similar issue now, but I don't recall what the fix
was.  The problem is those NIC's don't come up for some reason until
you do a second ifconfig post-boot, or maybe just a 'ifconfig fxp0 up'
(s/fxp0/your NIC/), or something like that.

Search the archives, the answer is there somewhere.

-Chris