[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil Brutsche <phil at brutsche dot us>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Initial install on Compaq Deskpro 4000 failing
 Date:  Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:53:19 -0500
colin at ccsisupport dot com wrote:
> That seems to be the exact problem. The onboard NIC is, in fact, a
> ThunderLAN (tl0)

I haven't had any problems with a tl in one of my systems - it's the
integrated ethernet of a Compaq Deskpro 3800 small-form-factor system.

> My second NIC is a pcn0, whatever that is. (Intel, perhaps? Labelled
> HP, I believe.)

That's an AMD PCNet - my experience with them under FreeBSD 4.x has been
less than stellar: I had the same problem as you (no network activity -
period).  They work much better under FreeBSD 6 (the basis for an
eventual future release of m0n0wall).

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche dot us