[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  email2 at delphinus dot co dot nz
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  routing a /29
 Date:  Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:45:44 +1200 (NZST)
Hi All,

Our ISP has given us to following information:

You'll need to change the ipconfig on your router to:

IP: x.x.102.131
SN: 255.255.255.240
GW: x.x.102.129

Your subnet is x.x.102.144 /29

Now we have about 3 servers we would like to run behind a monowall box.
And we need the monowall box to limit total traffic to 1mbit each way.

But we would like these 3 boxes to each have a real world IP configured on
them, not a 192.168 address, so we dont want to use 1:1

So am I correct in assuming I want to use Enable advanced outbound NAT and
then configure for example first machine with:

IP: x.x.102.145
SN: 255.255.255.240
GW: x.x.102.131

and that in theory should be able to access the internet?

What am I doing wrong please?

And whats required for outside people to be able to access those servers?

Cheers,
Jack