[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  SDamron <sdamron at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot DeGraeve at imelda dot be>
 Cc:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>, m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall and DOS attacks ?
 Date:  Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:50:38 -0500
DOS is something best mitigated using a tool specifically designed for
that.  Some kind of good NIDS, or Network Intrusion Detection System.
Snort is such a creature, and works quite well...Not to mention the
freedom to customize your own sigs, and it is free as in beer....have
a look at it.

On 8/13/06, Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot DeGraeve at imelda dot be> wrote:
> If a client DOS the WISP operator the only effect would be that they
> block there own internet too
>
> As far as I know there isn't an easy way to protect a M0n0wall or any
> other WISP station because there are a lot of ways to DOS a WIFI
>
> J.

"Nothing on earth can overcome an absolutely non-resistant person."