[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  LiquidIce <liquidice629 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Getting 30mbps Optimum Boost Speeds through m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:36:20 -0400
Hello,

I recently subscribed to optimum boost which claims 30mbps download and
2mbps upload. After going back and fourth with tech support about how I was
not getting the full speed, they had me connect my laptop directly to the
cablemodem and the speedtest reported the full 30mbps. Switch back to my
monowall and it drops to 12mbps. I tried a Linksys WRT54G in place of the
monowall and I can get about 20mbps from that.

Why can I not get the full 30 megabits through the monowall? The other
computers on the network are not downloading anything, and I am using
standard Linksys/Cisco switches.
What settings should I be looking at to optimize the speed?
Is it possible that the soekris hardware I am using can not process the
packets that fast?

Thanks!