[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "THEON COMPUTER CORPORATION" <computerservices at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Separate subnet optional interface
 Date:  Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:37:00 -0400
Hello, I'm having an issue trying to add a different subnet to my optional
OPT 1 interface on my monowall box.

We have added an optional interface, we gave it an ip address of
192.168.70.1 as opposed to our LAN interface of 192.168.60.1.

Then I went to rules and I added the following rule under LAN

Proto        Source        Port        Destination         Port
Description

*           Subnet_70       *            LAN net              *

 Then I went to rules and I added the following rule under LAN

Proto        Source        Port        Destination         Port
Description

*           Subnet_70       *            *                        *

Unfortuantely, I'm not able to get to any resource to the
192.168.70.0network. The only way it seems to work is if I bridge the
optional interface
to the LAN. Is that a good configuration to have?