[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Getting 30mbps Optimum Boost Speeds through m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:59:01 -0500
LiquidIce wrote:
> I am running a 4501 soekris board. Traffic shaping is disabled.
> The firmware on the CF card is: net45xx-1.22.img
>
> CPU jumps to 70% during a speed test. I only have a handful of rules
> and PPTP enabled.
> no ipsec no captive portal. pretty standard stuff.

Take a look at this: http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook-single/#id2589515. A
net4501 was only recommended for connections up to 10mbps. Keep in mind
that the 4501 is a 486 class machine. The machine is underpowered for
your application.

For 30mbps you should look at a Pentium class PC with Intel NICs.

James W. McKeand