[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ernie Zingleman" <ks4q at zingleman dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Remapping Ports
 Date:  Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:07:54 -0400
Gang,

I'm going to ask this question here even though it is a little off topic.

I'm attempting to run two telnet servers on my LAN.  One of them is already
using port 23.  I'd like to, through external DNS or other service, direct
users to the 2nd DNS server with the port number following the public IP
address such as XX.XXX.XX.XXX:WXYZ.

Currently I have one host address.  I want to add a 2nd host address and
have it be externally redirected to my network on a port number other than
23.

Are there any DNS services or other services that anyone is aware of that
would allow me to do port redirection for telnet servers.  I've seen a few
just for ports 80 or 25.

Before anyone asks, these are not for command of any computers in my
network.  They are obscure amateur radio applicaitons.

Thanks, Ernie