[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  SDamron <sdamron at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Linksys wrt54g attached to LAN interface
 Date:  Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:11:30 -0400
I beleive what you want to do is connect the LAN port from m0n0wall
into a switch port for WRT54G. Disable DHCP in the WRT54G as pc's
connected via a switch port AND wireless connections will get DHCP
assignments from M0n0wall. Basically use the WRT54G an AP, not a
router. Do not connect anything in the WAN port of the WRT54G.

I have a similiar setup, but am using two WRT54G, with WDS connecting
the two. I am planning on replacing the first WRT54 in place of a
m0n0wall appliance. The second m0n0wall will still provides wireless
access.

I am using OpenWRT in each WRT54GS router in my house.

~Don