[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Costello" <adam at mini dash byte dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VIA VT-310DP
 Date:  Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:45:36 +0100
Firstly, Thanks Don and Jack for pointing out what I had done.

Secondly, here is my question:

I'm trying to use a VIA VT-310DP motherboard with m0n0wall
(http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/mini_itx/vt_310dp/). I follow
the normal procedure with the CF card etc etc. However, when I turn on the
machine to boot m0n0wall, it hangs after doing the CPU and memory tests. It
does recognise that the CF card is there and is the primary HDD. I've tried
playing with the BIOS settings and have checked for a BIOS update (there
isn't one) but it still hangs at the same point. I'm using the Casetronic
FB-4652 CF Adaptor and a Scandisk CF Card. I have also tried about 4 or 5
different IDE/CF adaptors (1 SATA/CF adaptor) and CF cards. All my
combinations of adaptors and cards work with the WRAP boards I normally use.

If anybody has had this problem (or similar) and got it working, has
m0n0wall working on this board or has any advice it would be VERY much
appreciated.

Cheers

Adam