[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Shared files are avalible even when user is not authenticated by CP
 Date:  Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:12:15 -0400
On 8/12/06, Alex M <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net> wrote:

> Why shared files are available to users even though they are not
> authenticated by CP, they just connected to the network.

All communication within the same network subnet doesn't touch your
firewall, so there is nothing any firewall can do to prevent this, in
this type of configuration.

> a. how can I block that, so files are not visible before user is loged in

You would have to put each machine on its own interface on m0n0wall.
This would mean multiple wireless networks, or a good commercial AP
(Cisco, amongst a few others) that supports mutiple SSID's and will
bridge them over to tagged VLAN's on the Ethernet side.

> b. Is it possible to make automatic virtual networks where lats say comp A
> abd B sharing files together but comp C cant see that file sharing
> whatsoever? Solething like VPN but only on the router base.

Only using the methods I've described above.

-Chris