[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Collins" <jason at mammothcomputers dot com>
 To:  "Ernie Zingleman" <ks4q at zingleman dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Remapping Ports
 Date:  Tue, 15 Aug 2006 08:29:20 -0500
Do you have to use DNS to do this?  Why not just do port translation with monowall so that an unused
port like 285 externally maps internally to telnet at the lan ip of your second machine?  then you
could just telnet to that external ix.x.x.x:285.  you can set up those port translation mappings in
Monowall's NAT tab.  If this doesn't fit with what you wanted, I might not understand what you're
trying to accomplish.  hope it helps.

jason