[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rob Sharp" <robertsharp at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Paul Dugas" <paul at dugas dot cc>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Montor IPSEC tunnel via SNMP?
 Date:  Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:13:15 -0400
Your best bet is to ping an IP on the other side of the tunnel.  The SA's
might still be present but the tunnel could still be down.  I have used some
of the Netscreen VPN mib's in the past and they are unreliable, they tell
you if the tunnel is down but if you have an issue with connectivity between
the endpoint  your tunnel can still be established but traffic won't pass.

--
Robert Sharp
robertsharp at gmail dot com