[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Passive ftp problem
 Date:  Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:43:00 -0400
Guys, I know this has been hashed out MANY times but I am still stuck. I've
recently moved a MS 2003 server behind my m0n0wall, it has a static ip
configured under Server NAT and its got a Proxy Arp setting as well. Ports
80, 443, 25, and 110 work with no problems, port 20 and 21 are mapped for
ftp tho I don't think I need 20 as msftp runs on 21. External ip is
x.x.x.107 and internal ip is 192.168.16.107. I have set the ftp service to
use 5500-5700 per http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=555022 and
created an Inbound NAT entry and Rule pointing that range to the internal
ip. I can connect to the ftp server without a problem from the outside but I
get an Error: Failed to establish data socket, Trashed response received,
425 Can't open data connection. No directory listing can be shown. I am
using Cute FTP when trying to connect but I don't think that has anything to
do with it. Attempted to connect using IE as well and get no listing, tried
setting IE to not use Passive connection and still get errors.

Does anyone use passive ftp with a 2003 server? Can someone tell me WTF I am
missing please?

Dave