[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Jawdoszak" <MarkJ at logsysgroup dot com>
 To:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: m0n0wall behind m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:31:54 +0100
My suggestion WAS going to be, try the whole configuration using DHCP,
as that's what has worked for us in the past.

We've also had similar problems when setting static IP's on the WAN
interface.  Couple of things that we've done and have in place, that MAY
help:
Check "block private networks" unchecked - you've already done this, but
I'll leave it in my 'check-list'
Check your gateway IP
You're also going to need NAT's (or at least, that's my suggestion :P).
What's worked for us, is setting up 1:1 NAT'ing for each IP (we haven't
managed to get any of the NAT ranges to work, so we just fall back on
this method).  Eg: "WAN 192.168.1.1/32 192.168.1.1/32 Test IP" where
each part is in this order: Interface, External IP, Internal IP,
Description.

Hope some of this helps, and again I apologies if you've already tried
this, or none of it works etc etc.

Mark Jawdoszak
markj at logsysgroup dot com