[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wireless cards
 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:27:53 +0200
Benedikt Thelen schrieb:
> Hello everybody
> I would like to build my own accespoint based on m0n0wall.
> The only problem I have is that I don't know which cards from pcengines
> or soekris are compatible.
> I need 1 or more ethernet ports of course and one wlan card. Can anybody
> tell me wich wlan card from the manufactors above are compatible with
> m0n0wall?
Hi Benedikt,
i have played arround with some different wlan-cards on pfSense and
m0n0wall. i have never got a stable and fast connection over a long
time. As written in the documentation: the m0n0wall should not be used
as AP for production use. I have switched back to an extra piece of
hardware and i would never switch back to an integrated solution on the
m0n0wall. Save money and time and buy a good dedicated AP.

bye
Christoph