[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  walterpc at mchsi dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VOIP setup
 Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:47:14 -0400
On 8/16/06, Walter PC <walterpc at mchsi dot com> wrote:
> I tried posting this question earlier but I never saw a response...on
> the other hand.. I didn't see anything come from this mailing list
> within 24 hours of sending, which I foudn a bit odd so I figured I'd try
> again.

If no one posted, I'm sure it was just an oversight :)

IMHO...VOIP sucks, atleast with Vonage on a Comcast broadband
connection. Then again maybe it was all the kids in my neighborhood. I
could never get a good connection. Too many symptons to list. I tried
different cable modems, firewall appliances and even tweaked the
settings from the Vonage account manager. Then again maybe it's just
me. So I dropped them . No regrets :)

My neighbor recently said his calls all of a sudden got better. He was
having the same issues, but out of the blue (after I cancelled) things
got better.

As for your question, it has been posted several times over the last
year. There have been some that have successfully used traffic shaping
in lieu of OPT-1. Either way you will need to allow inbound certain
ports. Your VOIP account should have these listed at the Support/KB
web page.

Back to your question. In a google serach box type: voip site|m0n0.ch
This will post back all the information pertaining to voip but
restricted to the monowall site.

Good Luck.

~ Don