[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cannot get IP from DHCP. Need help.
 Date:  Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:32:11 +0800
On 08/17/06 13:05 Ervin Malicdem said the following:
> /etc:
> total 1740
> -rw-------   1 root  wheel  626688 Aug 17 11:42 php.core

there you go, that's your problem for the full filesystem. php is dumping
core in /etc, and the large core file eats up your memory filesystem space
causing dhcpd to not be able to write to dhcpd.leases and issuing dhcp
addresses.

what's a little more critical now is to find out /why/ php is dumping core
in this case, for that is the root of the problem.

dinesh at alphaque dot com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/