[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] N/A
 Date:  Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:54:59 -0500
Joel Cruz wrote:
> I installed monowall in p4 128MB and 4MB hardisk. I want to setup my
> 3 server in DMZ i have the complete segment of my public ip. I
> created a aliase and name it as mail then make a nat rules in server
> nat but when I ping the public ip that I created in aliase i it dint
> see in the web. is there any configuration that i miss?

I am not clear on what you are asking. Here are some things that you may
be missing.

You may be misinterpreting the Aliases concept on m0n0wall. On m0n0wall
the Aliases are simple shortcuts for NAT and Firewall rule creation. Any
light blue field in the rule creation pages you can use an Alias. If you
need to change the IP of a machine that you created an Alias, you do not
need to edit every rule just edit the Alias.

You also may need to create rules for your DMZ to allow traffic out. The
default on the LAN is allow everything out, the default on the OPT (or
DMZ) is not (there is not a default any -> any rule - like the one on
the LAN interface).

Also check the servers in the DMZ to make sure they are using the IP of
the m0n0wall DMZ interface as their gateway.

James W. McKeand