[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0s hanging : any progress ?
 Date:  Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:42:37 -0600
> Did anyone make any progress in finding the problem many of us have with
> m0n0walls hanging totally ?
>
> If I recall right someone posted a packetlog and someone was  going to
> look
> at it ?
>

> Also did anyone find a workaround besides powering it off and on ?

I did do a packet capture for analysis.  I have had a look at it but I can
find nothing out of the ordinary.  A couple others were also going to have a
look but I have not heard back from them.

Currently I have my m0n0wall reboot every night at 2am - I still had a few
lock-ups in one evening last week.  From what I could see at the time there
was a host running Bit Torrent that was creating a lot of connections very
quickly.  I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the freeze, but I
have not seen Bit Torrent on my network since then and also have not had any
freezes.  That said, I also limited the peer-2-peer connections max to 100
connections.  Again, I have no idea if this is part of the problem, but I'm
trying anything.

Aaron