[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] make it "beep" when booted?
 Date:  Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:00:26 -0400
The equipment is rock solid as soon after it boots.  To replace a system that asks for input 10% of
the time on an average of 1 reboot every six months would just be silly, especially when it is for
home use.

Having the beep should hurt no one, and would be good for those of us who want it.  I mean, we're
talking about essentially an

echo -e "\a"

at the end of the boot (that should work, haven't tested it).  Sure, we can roll into our own, but I
do believe this would have use in the general image.