[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] make it "beep" when booted?
 Date:  Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:51:50 -0400
On 8/18/06, Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot DeGraeve at imelda dot be> wrote:

> General rule: if the system isn't booted in 60 seconds then it isn't
> working. You don't need a beep, correct me if I am wrong but I really
> don't see the point of implementing a beep?

Indeed...  pfsense finally did it so people would shut up (I guess
IPCop does it, and the devs were tired of hearing about it), and
personally, I usually find it more annoying than useful (though it can
be turned off).

This, and past discussions of this, is by far the biggest bikeshed
ever in m0n0wall.  If it ever gets implemented (shouldn't be difficult
to swipe pfsense's implementation if anybody cares), I think we should
create a short song dedicated to bike sheds as the beeps.  :)
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/misc.html#BIKESHED-PAINTING

-Chris