[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Estimating bandwidth for net access
 Date:  Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:35:47 +0100
Greetings list,

Slightly off-topic, but since there are plenty of folks here who do fairly
large network installs, I hope it's relevant.

How do folks calculate the size of a pipe required for net access? Is there
a particular formula you use?

When I've been asked to work out details for such things in the past,
they've been in areas where my answer has always been "the fastest
available". However, I've just been asked to work out a proposal for a
360-seat site in a major city, so options for net access and sizes of pipes
are far wider.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Chris