[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  walterpc at mchsi dot com (Walter PC)
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] make it "beep" when booted?
 Date:  Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:40:18 +0000
How about this... if it can be done by adding a line to the config... somebody
post the line and we can manually add it to our configs if we want it.
if it has to be coded - please consider having this in the next build with
toggle in settings to turn on (can even be left off by defaul).

I can see the benefit of having this when remotely managing.  If you can't get
into the box with the config that should work, and they reboot and they hear a
second beep that indicates that the box has completed the startup process... at
least you know it is not a DEAD box.
Happens all the time at hotels I support and the hotel has no idea...but a
confirmation beep would be a blessing - did you hear the second beep - yes..
good then the box is working and go on to the next step.
so please please please, to stop the never ending topics about "beeps"
please have it installed in the next version of m0n0wall.
please... :)

if pfsense can do it, m0n0wall can do it t00 :)