[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, "Michael Brown" <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] make it "beep" when booted?
 Date:  Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:49:33 -0600
> Read the above for any request.  You have to sell the need, and why it is
> beyond your abilities.  Will a lot of people need it?  Does it fit with
> the m0n0wall philosophy?  Is there no way I can do it?

When my m0n0wall boots up I would really like a monkey to pop out and do my
dishes.  Then he can do my laundry, wash my floors and my car, perhaps make
dinner too while he's at it.  Once he's done that he can come back and look
at the console to see if m0n0wall booted properly and all is working.  If
things are okay he can give me the thumbs up.  If something failed, the
thumbs down.  The he jumps back into the box.

I think a lot of people would love that.  Except it's beyond my abilities
because I don't know the first damn thing about monkeys or training them.
But wouldn't it be cool?

Just my thoughts for a laugh.  :-)

Aaron