[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joseph Lo <josephlo71 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall take a long time to boot
 Date:  Sat, 26 Aug 2006 02:41:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I am new to this list.

My PC has the following configuration

Compaq Deskpro 4000 P166
64MB Ram
4GB hard drive
CDROM drive
FDD drive
2 NIC
LAN IP address: 192.168.1.11

I have downloaded the CDROM version of Monowall and burn the image to a CD. The CD is now bootable.

I followed the instructions to boot monowall and also put  in a 1.44MB new floppy disk into the
floppy drive. Monowall will boot but once it reached the part where it display the FreeBSD license
and show the release version, i.e.

root at fb411 dot neon1 dot net:/usr/src/sys/compile/Monowall_Generic

The whole PC will just hang there. If I wait long enough (approx 2 minutes - 3 minutes later), the
boot process will complete by itself and I am even able to set the IP address for the NIC and I am
even able to ping other pcs which are connected to the same network switch.

I think such a long boot time is highly unusual and would appreciated  greatly if someone could shed
a light on this matter.

Thank you.

Best regards
Joseph