[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jernej Jakob" <jernej dot jakob at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall take a long time to boot
 Date:  Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:19:03 +0200
Maybe due to the slow processor. Or low memory. If you log on to the
web interface, what is the memory and CPU usage? (you can see that on
the first page) You could include the top part of what dmesg returns
(go to http://monowall-ip/exec.php and type in "dmesg" without the
quotes. Include the part before the search for pci devices - pcix :
.....)

Best regards,
Jernej

2006/8/26, Joseph Lo <josephlo71 at yahoo dot com>:
>    Hi,
>
> I am new to this list.
>
> My PC has the following configuration
>
> Compaq Deskpro 4000 P166
> 64MB Ram
> 4GB hard drive
> CDROM drive
> FDD drive
> 2 NIC
> LAN IP address: 192.168.1.11
>
> I have downloaded the CDROM version of Monowall and burn the image to a CD. The CD is now
bootable.

> I followed the instructions to boot monowall and also put  in a 1.44MB new floppy disk into the
floppy drive. Monowall will boot but once it reached the part where it display the FreeBSD license
and show the release version, i.e.

> root at fb411 dot neon1 dot net:/usr/src/sys/compile/Monowall_Generic
>
> The whole PC will just hang there. If I wait long enough (approx 2 minutes - 3 minutes later), the
boot process will complete by itself and I am even able to set the IP address for the NIC and I am
even able to ping other pcs which are connected to the same network switch.