[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0s hanging : any progress ?
 Date:  Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:09:36 -0600
> My m0n0 hang this morning at 5am, nothing in my remote syslog. I still
> don't think that is setup correctly as I don't get much more than packet
> rule information. Regardless. Hard locked, snmp stopped responding,
> reboot and it came right back. I am getting ready to switch over to
> pfsense and see if I have any better luck. If not, I am going to attempt
> to set up a cluster with two pfsense boxes with one for failover. We'll
> see how it goes.

I have made a number of changes that all affect P2P traffic - using my
NetEnforcer I have forced all P2P traffic (that can be classified) into a
single virtual channel that I can work with.  I have reduced the max number
of live connection to 80 (only for P2P) and reduced the max connections
initiated per second to 15.  I have also limited the P2P traffic to 200 kbps
up and 200 down.  I still have the nightly reboots, and this morning at 6:15
this unit froze up.  I have absolutely no hair left after pulling it all
out.  I have also just submitted a purchase order this afternoon for a Cisco
router.  m0n0wall has beaten me.  I give up...    :-(   I am almost
convinced that P2P traffic has nothing to do with the freezes, but where do
I go from here?.....

Aaron