[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall blocking traceroute?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:07:20 +0200
Richard E. Brown schrieb:
> Folks:
>
> I'm using m0n0wall 1.21, and it appears to be blocking traceroute functionality
> between computers on my internal (private IP) network and those on the public
> internet. I've tried both Windows tracert and traceroute on MacOS X.

Hi,
m0n0wall does definitly not block traceroute.
But if you have set rules in your config, you have to allow ICMP from
your internal IPs to 0.0.0.0.
I have not checked if traceroute is incomplete, if you don't have the
rule allow ICMP from 0.0.0.0 to the IP(s) of the WAN-interface, but this
rule is imho a must, and i don't understand, why it is not implemented
on install.

bye
Christoph