[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andrew Kemp <akemp at iquest dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0s hanging : any progress ?
 Date:  Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:55:01 -0400
Copied down my m0n0 config, installed pfsense to the hard drive via the
livecd. put all of my rules in, outbound nat, etc, etc, etc. finally
setup the wan to use pppoe and it connected. my lan could not get out
though. the m0n0wall could get out, but no other networks could. i also
couldnt get my trunk port to work in the switch so that all my vlans
were getting to the switch. i changed something and then i couldnt even
ping the lan gateway ip anymore so i gave up and put m0n0 back in since
it still works for the time being.

on a side note, it locked up on me after about 4 hours and was down the
majority of the night. refreakingdiculous.

i had ZERO trouble until the last few days and i had just happened to
start using a public subnet vlan that is routed to me. i put up a test
server in that network when for the last six months there was nothing on
that network except the gateway in m0n0wall. perhaps the locking up has
to do with vlan tagging and traffic on those vlans.

i am using another vlan for wireless though, have been for a few weeks
and didnt have any lockups until i put a server in the public subnet
vlan, so maybe it is just coincidence.

what version of pfSense did you use Aaron? they are up to release
candidate 2 on version 1. perhaps the version you used previously was
bugged somehow and that has thus been fixed so you might give it another
shot and see what you come up with.

Andrew