[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0s hanging : any progress ?
 Date:  Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:50:54 -0600
> You have tried a lot of hardware, and I remember that.  But has anyone every
> tried the 2 layer m0n0 config?  LAN--> M0n0-a --> m0n0-b --> Internet  With
> all the other stuff you have tried, this seems quite trivial.

I never did try it.  I had posted for thoughts on how to go about the setup some time back and got
no response.  Thoughts?

Aaron
Okay, since capturing packet data on each side of my problem m0n0wall I am
back to having the unit reboot every night at 2 am.  Which is fine with me -
1 minute of downtime at 2 am is better than 10+ when I'm not expecting it.

But today my m0n0 froze just before 5 pm - less than 15 hours uptime.
Sooooo... someone suggested a while ago putting another m0n0wall in front of
this one to filter all the crap from the Internet (for testing).  How would
I do this?  I have a /29 from my provider for my WAN, a /27 and a /28 routed
to me.  Should I just put one of the /27's on the new WAN, bridge the WAN
with the OPT, turn bridge filtering on and connect the trouble WAN to the
new OPT?  I assume I will have to create all of my WAN rules on the new
m0n0?

Thanks everyone.

Aaron