[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  HotBelgo <hotbelgo at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] traffic shaping transparent bridge
 Date:  Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:56:26 +0200
On Sunday 27 August 2006 12:10, Holger Bauer wrote:
> Yes, you have to enable filtering bridge at system>advanced and need 3
> interfaces as you only can bridge OPTs to WAN. The LAN interface is not
> bridgeable. I have setups like this at several locations working fine.

Am I right in thinking that I need a transparent bridge for my task?

I have a set-top box that needs to access a special dhcp server that my cable
company uses for digital tv(on the 10.170. subnet). The WAN is connected to
the cable network and picks up a normal IP address (i.e. from the pool for
PCs) but I need the STB to be able to send through its DHCP request
__together with its MAC address (because the cable company uses MAC filtering
on this server)__ transparently.

I can ping from the WAN to the STB DHCP server.

Simon