[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  "'David W. Hess'" <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VOIP setup
 Date:  Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:54:51 -0400
Hello David:

I think I will switch my VoIP and DNS over to separate pipes like you did.

What BW up and down speed did you set your VoIP and DNS pipes to?  I
understand VoIP can get by with around 80 kbs.  Since DNS packets are so
small, maybe you don't need more then 80kps for that either?

You said you only used one queue.  What queue did you use for these two
pipes?  I may want to use the same type of queue as you did.  Did you queue
on the static IP address of your VoIP adapter, because VoIP port numbers
vary quite a bit and it is difficult to know what VoIP port numbers to use.

Thanks,

Bob Young