[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  Robert Hoffmann <horo at vo dot lu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall on Sun Ultra 10
 Date:  Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:33:15 -0400
Robert Hoffmann wrote:

> Is it possible to run m0n0wall on a Sun Ultra 10 (Solaris) machine?
> And if so, where can I find the right docs / tutorials to do so?

Yes and no. You obviously can't simply boot any of the current images,
as they are compiled for 386 (or maybe 486). There are developer images
for qemu and vmware out there, and technically, you could compile it for
sparc64 - it's freeBSD 4.11, iirc, which should work on a sparc64. is it
worth the headache? probably not, considering that you can run it on an
Intel box that you can get for free at a junk yard, which also uses a
lot less power than the ultra10 :)

Sven