[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 To:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Win2k3 Network splitting... one AD Forst, but with some servers off site. Suggestions for Mono?
 Date:  Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:03:46 -0400
A site-to-site vpn is probably the most traditional way to go, but if you didn't want to go that
route, you could always try to do domain isolation via ipsec policies.  See
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/msit/security/ipsecdomisolwp.mspx for more on that
topic.

There are pros and cons with domain isolation with ipsec policies, most notable are that fact that
it can be much more complex to set up, depending on the number of servers/clients/etc, and that it
doesn't play too well with NAT.  The latter can be overcome with NAT-T, but I don't know where
m0n0's support for that is yet.  I think I may have seen that someone enabled that in the kernel in
one of the beta builds, but don't remember for sure.

-Bryan