[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  How I tell if this Traffic Shaper rule is working ?
 Date:  Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:31:27 -0400
I have a Traffic Shaper rule in a queue for incoming port 80 data from any
IP address using port 80, to any IP address, on any port, on my LAN.

If this shaper rule doesn't match, then the data will go to my "catch all"
rule, which has a lower priority.

My question is:  How do I tell if my Traffic Shaper rule for incoming port
80 data is working?  Is there some kind of test I can run?  It's kind of
hard to tell if the rule is working or not.

Here is the rule:

WAN->             TCP      any IP using port 80       destined to any IP
address         use my bulk download pipe

Thanks,

Bob Young