[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jimmy Bones (Mhottie)" <mhottie at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Multiple Public WAN IPs and VPN endpoint.
 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2006 00:57:38 -0400
Hello guys.

I have 7-8 clients that have this exact same setup...

Comcast Business Cable (8mbps down / 1mbps up) with 5 public IP addresses.
Several servers including a public web server on the internal network and
several remote users/workers. They want the remote users to have access to
all computers/printers etc. as if they were on the local network, and want
the webserver to have a public IP.

I am thinking, I am going to get a WRAP 3E board/case, load up m0n0wall on
it, and have it be the VPN end-point so the windows XP laptops VPN to the
m0n0 box, and are dumped onto the local network instead of using the windows
server for VPN (headaches/re-configs, etc. ) it's only going to be 2-3
remote users at a time.

My question, is this going to work? Can m0n0 handle the public IPs? Is this
the best way to do this? The VPN going to work like I want it to? WRAP
performance in this case? (266mhz)

Thanks!!