[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: m0n0s hanging : any progress ?
 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:09:55 +0200
On 8/28/06, Andrew Kemp <akemp at iquest dot net> wrote:
> the entire box freezes, snmp stops responding, i monitor the box from
> the outside world with cacti via pings and the graphs show that the ip
> was unpingable for the duration of the outage until a reboot. i also
> console in and the keyboard is unresponsive.

Yes, I experienced exactly the same with onboard (fxp) intel cards.
I even had a box with keyboard and monitor directly attached to it
when it crashed.
It was totally inresponsive in every way. I solved the problem by
changing the onboard intel nic with a cheap realtek 8139d nic and
didn't use the onboard nic anymore. All nics in the box are realtek
8139d's now.
For the moment the uptime of that box is 56 days, so I guess it's ok :-)

Best Regards, Yves