[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Is there logging for M0n0wall Traffic Shaper rules ?
 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:37:04 +0200
There is no such feature yet but I know the problem. I usually do it the following way:
Create a rule&pipe that is limitting the traffic to some value that is lower than the expected
bandwidthusage of that traffic. Then make all other traffic stop or try under low traffic condition
and see if the traffic that should match this rule is actually limited. If so your ruledefinition is
correct. You now can change the assignment to another queue/pipe that reflects the real usage. It's
not a good solution but should at least show if your rule definition is correct.

Holger