[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eldorado <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Robert Hoffmann <horo at vo dot lu>
 Cc:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall on Sun Ultra 10
 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:30:34 -0700
Robert Hoffmann wrote:

>>> Is it possible to run m0n0wall on a Sun Ultra 10 (Solaris) machine?
>>> And if so, where can I find the right docs / tutorials to do so?
>>>

>> Yes and no. You obviously can't simply boot any of the current images,
>> as they are compiled for 386 (or maybe 486). There are developer
>> images for qemu and vmware out there, and technically, you could
>> compile it for sparc64 - it's freeBSD 4.11, iirc, which should work on
>> a sparc64. is it worth the headache? probably not, considering that
>> you can run it on an Intel box that you can get for free at a junk
>> yard, which also uses a lot less power than the ultra10 :)
>
> You're right, but I already have an Ultra 10 in the corner doing nothing
> at the moment. So giving it a 'job' would be nice :-)  So nobody here
> has ever installed m0n0wall on a Sun?

Not exactly, but I've installed FreeBSD 4.11 on an Ultra 10.

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its Customers and is
intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient or it appears that this e-mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner
is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster at mphasis dot com and
delete this mail from your records.